So, as you all may have realized, this is the second week of there not being gal secrets. I pity the ones who are really pulling their hair out over the whole situation. A lot of people are upset. Some are pondering what will happen. A few have started to create their own version of G_S. Some think this is the cruel joke played by a disgruntled mod. Some wonder, if this is the end of the Gossip as we know?
My thoughts are the following:
- No one can determine the conclusion of G_S until August. The other mods will return, and I'm pretty sure there will be some sort of announcement or side note to everything. So no one should be upset until something is said.
- This incident, I hope, will show the upset Gyaru of our community that the only power we have over G_S, is what we submit to the LJ community. That doesn't mean it will be posted of course. But I assure you that's about all we can do.
- "What happened to the community vote?" The community vote is rigged. When someone wants to change things for the better, the mods decide to put it to a "community vote". you can actually say that the "community vote" pretty much means no.
- There will never be another g_s, only hatememe's. i've always said that G_S is a nessicasary evil. Things must be balanced, or chaos will ensue.
- This wasn't an out of the blue moment for them. During the most recent post of G_S the mod warned everyone about this.
Now you may all wonder why I'm not taking a stand and going "don't read G_S" and other nonsense. I'm apart of one of the three gaijin gyaru magazines going on. Therefore, G_S can blow up with the opinions of those who don't want to express themselves publicly. So I tend to check the comments of anons to see what they want in a magazine, or why they wouldn't purchase something. It's enlightening for business when you think about it.
So what should you do? Sit back and enjoy the break. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll hear from someone if G_S is active again. If you're a secret poster type, fill that inbox! You know that there will be probably over a hundred secrets that will need to be posted, so it won't hurt to add a few more. And if you're afraid of being posted, I suggest you write down the names of all the current mods and prepare a draft message in your inbox. You will want to request that whatever secret will need to be taken down.
Now then, if you're in need of cheering up, enjoy these videos Ari Marie shared with me today: