BDI has taught me that gal life is fleeting. Since a majority of us gaijins don't comprehend whats really going on, we will lose the spirit of gyaru before we are even worthy to have it.
click to see a quick breakdown of what I've learned
1. My original idea that as gaijin gyaru living in the west, we should focus on using the resources around and available to us online... was right.
At one point in time, I allowed myself to succumb to fawning over brand and trying to figure out about shopping services, and ways to get rich quick, just to buy items from D.I.A and the like. We just need to use what's around us. Just like anyone in mainstream fashion would do.
You can work to recreate Gyaru coordinates, in collages on polyvore, to see if you can find the local/cheaper version. I didn't understand it at first when Mitsu mentioned it on her blog, but now I realize that it is one of the many methods I should have been following in the first place.
2. Photoshop is not okay, to an extent. We are not ulzzang, whose ionic look revolves around photoshop and plastic surgery. When you are trying to improve and want help, PS-ing your face to perfection isnt going to help you improve. Its just a crutch/excuse to slack off. And therefore you will never gain the skills to look Gal offline, and the respect of the gaijin gyaru comunity.
3. Learn Japanese. Even though my team and I are trying to produce an English gyaru magazine... its up to you to learn the language. Sometimes things are lost in translation with Google translate and other web services. Its easier to learn enough Japanese for hair and makeup tutorials (not to mention those how to articles) .
4. If you have an opinion, state it as an opinion. If not it will be considered a fact and ripped apart by stats and proofs. I honestly do not feel the need to elaborate on this one. Any one active in the Gaijin Gyaru Community understands why this is.
5. Circle life is dwindling and I still dont know what it's like! It sucks that Ashley and Shiena took down Trouble in Tokyo. And most of us are getting too old and busy with life to invoke anything beneficial or long lasting. I just hope that Circle Life can be introduced internationally (especially stateside) so that the newer Gyaru have something from the Old generation to look forward to.